Wednesday, December 6, 2006

1st indoor event



Kit Lens
The kit lens of the 350d is a 18-55mm F3.5-5.6. It just won't cut it for indoor events. The lens is too slow to have a good enough exposure. I want to shoot sports, but it seems I could possibly make money from shooting events. And I need to earn in order to sustain the expensive hobby of photography. Now this makes me think twice about the lens I was craving for, a Canon 70-200F4L. I might instead opt for a Tamron AF 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical IF. An apperture opening of 2.8 apparently is a minimum requirement for indoor events photography.

Flash
The onboard flash is not enough too. Photos are still too dark even when you fire the onboard flash and the background is lost. You'll definitely need a powerful external flash.

ISO
Having a limitted gear, I pumped up the ISO to 800. The result, noisy pics. I hope I earn enough money soon to be able to buy the necessary gear.

No comments: