Sunday, December 10, 2006

Unprocessed


Looking at some photo galleries online, you see a lot of very good photos. That's because they're good ... at Photoshop (or other post processing software).

Unfortunately, even some photojournalist does create "artificial" images instead of presenting things as they came out of the camera. There was even one stripped of an award due to "inappropriate" post processing of a winning image.

There's a photo contest to be held next week. This is an exciting event as NO POST PROCESSING IS ALLOWED for the photos to be submitted. I'm excited to see what the pre-processed image of the top photographers look like. I joined the event to be an observer. I don't have artistic tendencies so I doubt I'd ever come close to what the other participants can come up with. I'd rather take shots of the photographers in action.

No comments: