Sunday, December 17, 2006

Canon Soot N Run '06 Photo Contest

First Assignment: Splendor Of Manila

After shooting some of the common icons within intramuros, I passed by a not so popular park near Pasig river where a lot of the homeless find shelter. I found a girl resting on the lap of this giant. This is my entry for the first Assignment. I chose sepia tone to set the mood as I believe that in Manila, beauty is skin deep.

"SERENITY"

This is from a little known place near the Pasig river inside the walled city of Intramuros.


Second Assignment: Faces of Manila

For the second assignment, the theme is "Faces of Manila". I thought there's no better way to capture it than seeing the face of a true blue manileno. So I pushed my "beauty is skin deep" personal theme further by going to the side alleys. In places where you would not dare flash your old 5110 cellphone, more so a 30 thousand peso camera hanging on your neck.

"STAMPED"

This was supposed to be my entry for the second assignment. But I find the image too dark, so I'm not sure if I should use it or not. This was captured during a community service by the Alpha Kappa Rho fraternity at a barangay hall.

I instead opted for the image below. This captures the face of a typical manileno in deep concentration on one of their favorite past times.


"Past Time"



No comments: